Sunday, April 14, 2013

THE KIBURIS... (PART ONE- THE SLEEPOVER...)

This is the story I started in my other 7 blog posts about Mr. X and his 4 oh so snobby high and mighty sisters. We have finally gotten to them!!! I decided to just call them "The Kiburis." Kiburi is swahili for grudge...So I have two sisters and the news of my pregnancy shocked them into giving me the cold shoulder when I was around 4,5 months pregnant(I'm 7 n a half now) My brother was not really there for me too for he'd ventured into politics and we all know how demanding that can be. Plus, he has his own family,3little kids who need his attention,the eldest being 4yrs old,the youngest 1yr. Mr.X was only trying to be helpful by telling me about his sis,let's call her Nina. so Nina and I started by becoming friends on Facebook. She told me she also got an unplanned pregnancy early when she was 23 and Mr.X told me she'd dropped out of Catholic University when she'd remained with only a year to complete her course because she'd already moved out and was fending for herself but had no job for they needed papers which she didn't have. And she couldn't ask her parents to pay for her after she'd become 'independent.'Plus,her source of income,her boutique where she sold men's suits had been burnt down by one of her many well deserved enemies. She slept with men for money and had a very lavish lifestyle for her daughter goes to a very prestigious pre-school. They even went for a holiday in Tanzania and she has men constantly at her beck and call asking her to go to Djibouti and what not's. I didn't judge her for Mr.X explained to me that Nina was only looking out for her kid,it was a mother's instinct of survival. But I was not too naive not to see her for the female dog she was. Let me tell you why. so she invites me to her place for a sleepover so she can 'help out' for she'd been through some stuff too due to getting pregnant. I am a bit hesitant but I'm lonely and I think it's sweet of her to offer so I say yes. She says she'll be my sister that I shouldn't worry even if my real sisters desert me. I went there and found her putting out wet laundry so I wondered,'should I shake her hand?Should I hug her?she looks busy and after all we're still kinda strangers... she sees me and tells me to go ahead into her house she'll be there. When she's done,she comes and says a quick hi;doesn't extend a hand or anyth so I politely but feeling awkward just reply. The thing I noted from the 3days and 2nights I stayed with her is that she is an amazing actress;I mean oscar amazing!Like ye pretender of pretenders! She had a friend who'd come to visit her one time with a gentleman friend and she hosted them very politely,engaged in small talk etc but immediately they were gone,she mscheewed!!like those in Nigerian films,getting angry for the man had gotten in with shoes(there was no carpet mind u) and started wiping the whole place frantically with Jik and Dettol! At the time I didn't understand her actions;I thought that was quite rude for she made faces and made nasty remarks about someone who'd been her friend like forever!(I had seen photos on Facebook) so I wondered,'If she can say nasty things behind her friend's back, what about me,a mere stranger?' and I started watching my back from then.Plus, she told me that I shouldn't walk on the cold cement barefooted with my pregnancy and all but she didn't offer any slippers. I'm a stranger,remember? In this case,her guest so she should've showed me what and how.I have never felt so confused in my life because I cannot go around touching things in someone's house.Nina is the type of person who'll see a dirty beggar with tattered clothes and something like kwashiokor or marasmus and tell him,"You should eat a balanced diet, take a bath and eat more protein" but offer him neither soap nor water nor meat nor clean clothes! I was afraid to touch anything in her house for she behaved quite...hostile behind people's backs. She mistreated the maids and after she'd been gone the whole day ask me as an aside,'What has the maid been doing all day?Has she touched anything?' and I would tell the truth that after her errands she just rested on her bed but Nina would still mscheeew and make rude remarks about the elderly lady! The time the househelp asked me if she could use the peanut butter broke my heart... Nina and her other upper class friend (let's call her W) would bitch about how maids ate too much food as if they had been starved wherever they had been and talk about them as if they were not fellow human beings!I believe even 'maids' (I find the term offensive)... househelps,have stomachs and should eat what the rest are eating without having to ask!!! and be judged!!! I was crying when I told this story to Mr.X after he'd sensed something was wrong and coerced it out of me... I just couldn't help it. I love how the elderly househelp proved Nina wrong by being so hardworking and playing so well with Nina's daughter for Nina had even asked me if the 'maid' knew how to play with the kid! This woman,old enough to be Nina's mother clearly knew how to raise children! Actions speak louder than words. Speaking of which,I just can't forget when the friendly househelp asked, 'Naweza tumia njugu kwa mkate?' meaning if she could use the peanut butter on her bread... The expression on her face that day still breaks my heart...

4 those hu do bad... b warned... 4 those hu do gud... kip on kipn on.. :) :)
 WEMA- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9v3-RzjobU&feature=youtu.be
CHAWA KUNGUNI- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8MFBxvXfxs
JIRANI- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIr_F0_NxmM
NISEMENI- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbvJMhkMvgs

No comments:

Post a Comment